We are holding a competition for the best maps or data visualizations. This competition is a great opportunity to learn about the outstanding and varied geospatial and data-driven research being conducted across the NYU community, and we welcome all submissions. Please note, however, that you must ONLY submit ONE map or visualization.
Competition Rules & Instructions
- Each person can submit ONLY ONE entry.
- All current NYU student, faculty, and staff are eligible to enter the competition.
- You can submit either a print-based or an interactive web-based map or visualization.
- If you are submitting a print-based map or visualization, please e-mail a copy of it in a “.PDF” format of at least 300 dpi to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. We will print out or display your visualization.
- If you are submitting an interactive web-based visualization, e-mail the published link or embed code to email@example.com. We will display your entry.
- All submissions must be original creations. You are welcome to submit projects generated for a class, but please do not submit maps or visualizations that have been generated for a homework assignment. If you have questions about this distinction, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If submitting a map, you are encouraged to use at least one dataset from our Spatial Data Repository (https://geo.nyu.edu). If you cannot find a dataset that you want to use, please contact our team (email@example.com).
How to Make a Submission
Submit your entry along with your registration for Research Day here: Registration Form
The deadline for all submissions is EXTENDED to Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 | 11:59 pm.
Each person who registers for Research Day will receive a ballot and can nominate one map for each category. Voting will conclude at 4:00 PM and the winner will be announced at 4:30 PM.
Gift cards to the NYU Bookstore, SWAG, and more. In addition winning entries will be featured on the Data Services webpage.
If you have any questions, need help with finalizing your map/data visualization or converting your map/data visualization document to pdf, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).