The Center for Open Science and NYU’s Data Services are excited to announce the launch of OSF for Institutions at NYU. The Center for Open Science is a non-profit technology company that provides free and open-source services to increase inclusivity and transparency of research.
Researchers who rely on the Open Science Framework (OSF) to manage their project workflows, build research transparency, encourage project visibility, and collaborate with other scholars are eligible to join an enhanced OSF for Institutions at New York University.
Current users can now affiliate their OSF projects with NYU’s institutional membership, joining the growing OSF community at the University while continuing to enjoy all the benefits and functionality of the framework. Doing so will not require changing any of of your projects, public or private. To affiliate your existing OSF account with NYU, you will need to:
- Add your NetID@nyu.edu e-mail address to your profile as a primary or secondary e-mail if it isn’t one of your account e-mails currently.
- Login via the OSF Single Sign On link
- Go to your public project, go to the the “Settings” tab and look for “Project Affiliation/Branding” to list your project under NYU’s research page.
New users can now log in through NYU’s single sign on, using their netIDs and passwords, and have a new OSF account created. Through this partnership, users can leverage:
- Easy project management from the inception of a project to it’s publication!
- The OSF connects to many services that you might already use — Google Drive, GitHub, Zotero, etc. — so you can have all your project materials in one place!
- Benefit from easier connections to NYU resources, storage apps, and research support made available through our institutional account.
- Increase the discoverability of your research among local scholars.
For an overview of the OSF, see these materials created by Data Service’s Vicky Steeves (data management & reproducibility librarian). Any questions or for a simple walk-through of how to get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org.