Dear GIS Users, Enthusiasts, and Newcomers,
With the success of our previous GIS Day events, we are back with our fourth annual GIS Day 2015 @ NYU – an “all things GIS” information fair. The event takes place on Wednesday, November 18th.
The aim of the event is to continue to build and nurture NYU’s GIS community by bringing attention to the GIS resources at NYU, raise awareness of the value of using GIS tools, and showcase the exciting GIS and spatial research being conducted here at NYU and NYU Global.
We are planning on having various elements including:
- Information Booths showcasing exciting spatial research by various departments and institutes of NYU using GIS technology.
- Panel Discussion of GIS tools and uses
- Map Gallery featuring user created maps – (please submit your best map by Nov. 4, 2015).
- Mapping Demos & Web Mapping Applications
- GIS Day Mapping Competition* (Deadline November 4 2015, See our website for details)
- What: GIS Day 2015 @ NYU
- Where: Bobst Library, 5th Floor, Research Commons
- When: Wednesday, November 18, 12-5pm
- Sponsors: NYU Libraries, IT, Data Services
Light refreshments will be served
To register and for more information click: GIS Day Registration
Please mark your calendars, submit your maps, participate in our annual GIS Day Mapping Competition, spread the word and join us in celebrating World GIS Day.
Thank you in advance for all your support!
– Him Mistry, Andrew Battista, Michelle Thompson, and Stephen Balogh
(GIS day event coordinators)